Each year I release my favorite books that I’ve read. The only problem was this year, I didn’t read enough to have a good list. Feel free to publicly shame me. Leaders are readers, and this year I didn’t read as much as I should have.
Luckily God has blessed me with a network of pastors and leaders who did read this year. So, I asked them to share some of their favorites.
- Brandon Petty (Lead Pastor Generation Church) The Secret: What Great Leaders Know and Do by Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller.
- Travis Stephens (Executive Pastor Strong Tower Church) Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Growth by Samuel Chand.
- Tim Stevens (Vanderbloemen Search Group) Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman and Greg McKeown.
- Blake Stanley (Executive Pastor 3 Circle Church) One Word That Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon, The Synergist: How to Lead Your Team to Predictable Success by Les McKeown.
- Justin Davis (Lead Pastor, Hope City Church) Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.
- Vince Daniel (Lead Pastor, Real Life Church) Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek, Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Steve Tiebout (Lead Pastor, River Community Church) The Divine Mentor: Growing Your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior by Wayne Cordero.
- Mike Freeman (Lead Pastor, Genesis Church) 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley, The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within by Erwin McManus.
What were your favorite reads of 2016? Let us know by leaving a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get tips on church leadership, growth, and more delivered to your inbox each week.