Each year I release my favorite books that I’ve read. The only problem was this year, I didn’t read enough to have a good list. Feel free to publicly shame me. Leaders are readers, and this year I didn’t read as much as I should have.
Luckily God has blessed me with a network of pastors and leaders who did read this year. So, I asked them to share some of their favorites.
- Carl Nichols (Lead Pastor Relevant Church) God Dreams by Will Mancini and Warren Bird.
- Brandon Petty (Lead Pastor Generation Church) The Secret: What Great Leaders Know and Do by Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller.
- Travis Stephens (Executive Pastor Strong Tower Church) Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Growth by Samuel Chand.
- Jon Sanders (Lead Pastor Rescue Church) Sticky Church by Larry Osborne.
- Tim Stevens (Vanderbloemen Search Group) Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman and Greg McKeown.
- Blake Stanley (Executive Pastor 3 Circle Church) One Word That Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon, The Synergist: How to Lead Your Team to Predictable Success by Les McKeown.
- Justin Davis (Lead Pastor, Hope City Church) Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.
- Vince Daniel (Lead Pastor, Real Life Church) Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek, Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Steve Tiebout (Lead Pastor, River Community Church) The Divine Mentor: Growing Your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior by Wayne Cordero.
- Mike Freeman (Lead Pastor, Genesis Church) 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley, The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within by Erwin McManus.
What were your favorite reads of 2016? Let us know by leaving a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get tips on church leadership, growth, and more delivered to your inbox each week.
One thought on “Top Books of 2016”
6 Ways to Grow as a Leader this Year | Travis Stephens
[…] ⬅ Top Books of 2016 […]