2016 was an incredible year for me. My church launched a second campus, my wife and I celebrated ten years of marriage, and I went to Africa. So forgive me if I’m not quite ready to move onto 2017 just yet.
Before we move forward, let’s take a look back at the Top 10 Posts of 2016.
- 4 Types of Pastoral Leadership – What type of pastor are you? Are you a shepherd, teacher, entrepreneur, or administrator?
- Talent Isn’t Enough – But if you combine talent with knowledge, work ethic, and character, you have something special.
- Confessions of an Adulterous Pastor – An incredible guest post from my friend Jon Sanders, every pastor needs to read.
- Planning a Church Service – The basics of what my church service looks like. This is the same plan that grew my church from 70 to 700.
- Small Town Church Growth – The post that started it all continues to be one of the top read posts each year.
- A Christmas Conundrum – Do you have church on Christmas Sunday? If you cancel does it mean you hate baby Jesus?
- 4 Ways to Say I Love My Church – My favorite post I’ve ever written. I’m convinced if Christians would just do these four things our world would be a much better place.
- 5 Shots to Revitalize a Dying Church – Is your church stagnant or in decline? This post will give you some ideas on how to turn it around.
- The Best and Worst Ways to Recruit Volunteers – Having a hard time recruiting volunteers? We have too, here’s some ideas that my help.
- 5 Stages of Church Growth – Conception, baby, child, adult, and senior adult, what stage is your church in?
What was your favorite post of 2016? Let us know by leaving a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get tips on church leadership, growth, and more delivered to your inbox each week.