Today, December 22nd, 2016 I turn 36 years old. You don’t have to worry about sending me a card. You can just leave me a comment at the end of this post. Facebook wished me a happy birthday this morning, and they also reminded me to post my Year in Review.
Your Facebook Year in Review is a photo slideshow of different things you have experienced throughout the year. Although they say a picture is a worth a thousand words, I think sometimes it’s just better to write things down. So, I present to you my 2016 Year in Review.
- I read through the Bible this year. It wasn’t the first time I’ve done this, but it was the first time in a long time.
- I had the opportunity to preach at three great churches: Strong Tower Church, Generation Church, and Refuge Church.
- I started praying with my daughters before bed. This was one of the best things I’ve ever done. If you have young children, I highly encourage you to start doing this.
- I helped launch a second Strong Tower Church location in Lafayette, Tennessee.
- I ate my first elk burger on my first trip to Indianapolis, Indiana, while visiting Justin Davis who just launched Hope City Church.
- I watched the entire Star Wars Saga for the very first time. I haven’t seen the newest movie yet, but I plan on it.
- I went on a family vacation to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida that included my wife’s brothers and sister and their kids.
- I went jet skiing for the first time while on a church planters retreat in Savannah, Georgia.
- I took my wife to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico to celebrate our ten-year anniversary.
- I went on a vision trip to Kenya with Compassion International and started sponsoring my first Compassion child.
- I went on my first African Safari where I saw elephants, zebras, giraffes, hippos, crocodiles, lions, and more.
- I took dance lessons to celebrate my wife’s 30th
- I ran a 5k…ok walked most of it, but still I’m getting older.
- I wrote over 100 blog posts.
Looking back over this list I have to say, 2016 has to be one of my best years ever. To say I’ve been blessed is an understatement.
I’m not crazy about getting older, but if I keep having years like this one, I won’t mind nearly as much.
How was your 2016? What were some of the highlights? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. And don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any of the tips on church growth, leadership, and more I’ll be delivering to your inbox in 2017.